The primary usage of the Peacenet Identity is to allow The Hypervisor to keep track of all sentiences and computers in the world. It is not directly visible to any Sentience in public, but information stored in the identity is displayed in Peacegate OS and on the Peacegate Desktop.
- The full name of the currently-logged-in user is displayed in
whisker-menuwithin Peacegate Desktop. This name is pulled from the Peacenet Identity.
- Contact information in the Address Book is pulled from the Peacenet Identity.
- Peacegate's Chat program will refuse to chat with Company identities. This is possible because the Peacenet Identity stores a value indicating whether it is a Sentience or a Company.
- The Peacenet Identity is used to determine the icon used to display a node in the Peacenet Map.
- Friendships, employeeships, rivalries and other relationships are used to connect nodes together in the Peacenet Map. This information is stored in the Peacenet Identity. Along with that, these relationships are used by the
profilecommand to determine a list of adjacent nodes.
- The Reputation value in the Peacenet Identity is used to determine the color of the node displayed in Peacenet Map.
Main article: Alert
The Alert system will favor Identities with a Heroic or Neutral reputation rather than a malicious reputation when choosing an Identity to defend. The opposite is true when marking Identities as suspicious.
The following values are tracked by a Peacenet Identity.
- Full name: The full name of the sentience or company.
- Preferred alias: In the case of a sentience, this is the sentience's public nickname. In the case of a company, this is a short-form or abbreviation of the company's full name.
- Email address: The email address that can be used to request to Chat with the Sentience or contact the sentience/company through email.
- Friends: Other sentiences which the Sentience is friends with.
- Enemies: Other sentiences which the Sentience is enemies with.
- Employers: Any companies which the sentience works for.
- Employees: Any sentiences that work for the company.
- Skill: The skill level of the sentience.
- Reputation: The reputation of the sentience or company. In the case of a company, this is the average reputation of all employees.
- Computers: All computers owned by the sentience or company.
- Identity type: Whether the Identity is a sentience or company.